This is one of my favorite times of the year. The winter season is usually a slow one for client sessions, so I love that I’m able to devote a little more time on personal projects that are truly meaningful to me and my son’s school.
My team and I just wrapped up a very special class project for Lyon’s preschool class. A couple of wonderful parent volunteers and I met last month to photograph these adorable 2 year olds in front of a black roll of seamless paper. What resulted was one of the funnest and coolest books I’ve had the privilege of putting together.
This has truly been a labor of love for all of us involved. We spent nearly 75 hours perfecting every page of this book:
- photography by myself, props and styling by Chaffee & Emily
- initial retouching and editing done by me
- in depth retouching, color correcting, overlay of chalk background, text and copy design by our Production Manager Erin. Every page had several, upon several layers of photoshop work done – ensuring the color and and tone was consistent throughout.
- hand-illustrated cover flap design by our talented designer Kristen. I just love how that turned out!
- 2nd day of photography and styling by Chaffee and I to ensure every child was equally documented in the book.
I find so much joy in collaborating on projects like this. This book will be sold on auction night to the preschool parents, and 100% of the proceeds will go back to their classroom. All while each of the children find delight in flipping through the pages and reading their ABC’s and seeing all of their friend’s faces.
That warms my heart so much…
Some teaser images of the book itself and some of the interior spreads!