I love mixing photography with Lyon’s artistic talents, and in this easy, “green” DIY, I’ve found the perfect way to combine both!
You Will Need:
Cardboard (you can use recycled cereal boxes to keep this DIY green and cheap!)
Scissors or X-acto
Your favorite photos (printed – don’t cut originals!)
Watercolors or acrylic craft paints
Twine, string, or yarn
1. Find your favorite helper and give him some blank paper, a paintbrush, and free reign over the paint and watch the magic happen!
2. While your helper is creating beautiful art, cut your cardboard into 4″ x 8″ strips. You will need about 10. They will be long so you can fold them in half!
3. Create a paper stencil of an egg shape that will fit on your finished 4″ x 4″ bunting square.
4. Trace your egg stencil onto each strip of cardboard.
5. Cut out each egg from the cardboard.
6. Next, cut the (dry!) artwork into 3.5″ x 3.5″ squares, and cut your photos so the focal point will show through your egg cut-out.
7. Fold the cardboard in half and paste down the artwork and photos.
8. Apply glue to the top of the cardboard, and sandwich the art in between. Use your clothespins to secure them and let dry.
9. While the bunting is drying, use markers to decorate around the egg cut-outs.
10. Once everything is dry, clip clothespins to the top of each bunting, and loop string through and secure. I wanted to alternate photos in between Lyon’s paintings!
11. Then hang in a special place!