My family is hitting the Summer Reading lists hard these next few months, and thanks to the amazing online community that is Facebook – we have some added favorites!
A couple of weeks ago, I reached out to parents on Facebook on their favorite children’s books to read to Lyon’s class as Mystery Reader. I was so overwhelmed with the responses, I decided to post a few of those favorites here! If you have children ages 3-7, they will love these. We’ve already added 50% to our library and can’t wait to dig through the rest.
- The Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak
- My Monster Farts by Kate Clary
- The Blueberry Pie Elf by Jane Thayer
- Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by James Dean
- The Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson
- Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae
- The Wonderful Things You Will Be by Emily Winfield Martin
- Walter The Whale by Olivia Carmichael
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.
- Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers
- Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino
- My Daddy is a Pretzel by Baron Baptiste
- Stuck by Oliver Jeffers
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt & Oliver Jeffers
- The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson
- Those Darn Squirrels! by Adam Rubin
- The Giving Treeb by Shel Silverstein
- Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss